June 22, 2010

Priceline Hotels 2010

Originally I had wanted to stay in the Dar Halabia Hotel. Since this appeared fully booked, the management suggested to go for the Dar Al Kanadil. Not so strange, since this hotel belongs tho the same owners although it has its own management (the phone numbers I mentionned are actually of Halabia Tours, which does bookings for both hotels).

I was quite happy with this choice, since I really enyoyed my stay at the Dar Al Kanadil where I stayed 3 nights. Like the Dar Halabia it is an old characterful house in the old city which has been transformed into a hotel. The place is set up around a beautiful terraced courtyard, where you can sit quietly and relax. I really enoyed a few hours reading there, drinking tea offered to me by the hotel staff.

The clean rooms are pleasant and stylish in a simple but comfortable manner. No television or minibar, there is airco however. Really a place where you feel at home! Only drawback was that I never had any warm water, but this may as well have been due to some mistake I made. In any case I did not complain about it at the time (the water was not freezing cold and it was warm enough outside) so I will not do so now.

Manager Semi (sorry for probably not spelling this right) speaks good English and seems to genuinely enjoy a chat with his guest without imposing himself too much. The hotel only opened recently so they still have to prove themselves in a way. There are 13 rooms in total but when I stayed here the first night I was the only guest, after which a second room got occupied. Semi told me that at the moment he is mainly dependent on group bookings since individual guests still have to find their way to his hotel.

If you are looking for a characteristic place to stay in Aleppo and are prepared to pay mid-range prices (39 euros per night for a single room), the Dar Al Kanadil is really a great choice! Of course you can find much cheaper accomodation in the new city but compared to the other hotels in old houses (Dar Zamaria, Beit Wakil etc.) the Dar Al Kanadil seems much better value.

Priceline Hotel
Priceline Hotel
Priceline Hotel
Priceline Hotel
Priceline Hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails